Uyo, town, capital of Akwa Ibom state, southeastern Nigeria. Uyo lies on the road from Oron to Ikot Ekpene. A collecting station for palm oil and kernels, it is also a local trade centre (yams, cassava [manioc], palm produce) for an area inhabited mainly by the Ibibio people. The town has a brewery and a textile mill. It is the site of the University of Uyo (1991). Pop. (2016 est.) urban agglom., 440,000. Travelling from PortHarcourt to Uyo by road is estimated at 1 hours 30 minutes if average speed is 109km/hr.
Choosing A Bus from PortHarcourt to Uyo
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from PortHarcourt to Uyo as stated below:
1. Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
- Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 2 hour trip. Using the mytrip.ng mobile app will definitely help archive that.
- Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
- Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from PortHarcourt to Uyo, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at the comfort of your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Finding Uyo Bound Buses
There are several companies which offer road transport services from PortHarcourt to Uyo. The buses which travel from PortHarcourt to Uyo route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Port Harcourt Terminal, Rivers State
Eliozu Junction, East/West Road,
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Cost of PortHarcourt to Uyo Buses
A bus ticket from PortHarcourt to Uyo costs an average of N2,000 depending on the transport company and the category/ type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company. For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google play store for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time from PortHarcourt to Uyo
A trip from PortHarcourt to Uyo by road is approximately 1 hours 30 minutes. This is based on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc. The time taken to travel by road from PortHarcourt to Uyo is about 1 to 2 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
- The driving speed
- The nature and age of the vehicle
- The condition of the road on the route taken
- Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
- The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
- Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
- If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
- Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at Itiam Pa. You will find sufficient food items at this stop if you decide not to bring some from home.
It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Where to Stay
There are a lot of tourist places and hotels in Uyo that visitors don’t need to worry about where they could sleep in the cause of their visit. The hotels in Uyo are classified in to executive, medium and low budget. Everyone can get accommodation no matter your budget, but for comfortability, convenience and security wise, we encourage you to visit KINIZ Luxury Apartments which offers free WiFi, and guests can enjoy a restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool and a bar.
- A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
- Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
- Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of Panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
- You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
- Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
- Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.
- Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, search for mytrip.ng mobile App, download, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip. Mytrip.ng: a smarter way to travel across Nigerian States.