Lagos state is the business hub capital of Nigeria. It is a city full of great sights and beautiful culture. In Lagos, there are so many historic sights, beautiful natural scenery, theme parks and much more. Due to its position as the business hub capital of the country, it is believed to be the greatest economic state in West Africa and one of the most international cities in the subcontinent. A road trip from Makurdi to Lagos state is about 800.9 km by road ad should take about 12 hours.
Choosing a Bus from Makurdi, Benue State to Lagos State
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from Makurdi to Lagos state as stated below:
- Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
- Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 12-hour trip.
- Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
- Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from Lagos to Abuja, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Booking a Bus from Makurdi, Benue State to Lagos State
There are several companies which offer road transport services from Makurdi to Lagos. The buses which travel from Makurdi to Lagos route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Pleasure Travels Motors Company Ltd
- Phone: 0812721849
- Departure Terminal: Makurdi
- No. 96 Gboko Road,Wurukum, Makurdi, Benue State.
- Phone: 08065352641, 08189469755
- Departure Termianal: Makurdi
- Gboko Road, Near The Food Basket Roundabout, Makurdi, Benue State.
Cost Price of Makurdi to Lagos Buses
A bus ticket from Makurdi to Lagos state costs an average of N6,000 depending on the transport company and the category/type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company.For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google playstore for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time (Duration) from Makurdi to Lagos State
A trip from Makurdi to Lagos state by road is approximately 12 hours 30 minutes. This is base on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc.The time taken to travel by road from Makurdi to Lagos is about 9 to 12 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
- The driving speed
- The nature and age of the vehicle
- The condition of the road on the route taken
- Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
- The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
- Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
- If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
- Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at either Lokoja or Oduduwa. You will find sufficient food items at these stop if you decide not to bring some from home. It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Places to stay in Lagos State
When you arrive at Lagos state, you may choose to continue exploring the city, and this depends on the time of day. If you intend to spend days in Lagos state, you may either choose to book a hotel near your favorite attraction or one that is close to the bus terminal. Beni Apartments is a good hotel for a traveler in Lagos state. Another comfort zone is Ibis Lagos Airport.
- A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
- Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
- Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
- You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
- Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
- Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.
- Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, download the Mytrip.ng mobile App, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip. Mytrip.ng offers the smarter way to travel across Nigerian States.