Makurdi City is suitable for all-year-round visits but prospective Visitors to the City would get a greater feel of the City and a deeper insight into the City’s rich Cultural heritage if they schedule their visits to coincide with any of the City’s numerous colorful festivals which include the Akata Festival, the Kwagh-hie Festival and the annual Food Festival which is a celebration of the City’s impressive agricultural prowess.
Choosing a Bus from Lagos to Makurdi, Benue State
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from Lagos to Makurdi stated below:
- Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
- Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 12-hour trip.
- Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
- Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from Lagos to Abuja, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Booking a Bus from Lagos State to Makurdi, Benue State
There are several companies which offer road transport services from Lagos to Makurdi. The buses which travel from Lagos to Makurdi route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Pleasure Travels Motors Company Ltd
- Phone: 0812721849
- Departure Terminal: Lagos
- Ojo, Ojo Cantonment, Lagos State. Nigeria.
- Phone: 08065352641, 08189469755
- Departure Termianal: Lagos
- Opposite G. Kappa Iddo Motor Park, Oyingbo, Lagos State.
Cost Price of Lagos to Makurdi Buses
A bus ticket from Lagos to Makurdi costs an average of N8,000 depending on the transport company and the category/ type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company.For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google playstore for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time (Duration) from Lagos to Makurdi
A trip from Lagos to Makurdi by road is approximately 12 hours 30 minutes. This is base on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc.The time taken to travel by road from Lagos to Makurdi is about 12 to 14 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
- The driving speed
- The nature and age of the vehicle
- The condition of the road on the route taken
- Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
- The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
- Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
- If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
- Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at either Lokoja or Oduduwa. You will find sufficient food items at these stop if you decide not to bring some from home. It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Places to stay in Makurdi, Benue State
When you arrive at Makurdi, Benue State, you may choose to continue exploring the city, and this depends on the time of day. If you intend to spend days in Makurdi, Benue State, you may either choose to book a hotel near your favorite attraction or one that is close to the bus terminal. Benue hotels & Resort is a good hotel for a traveler in Makurdi, Benue State. Another comfort zone is Zaginas Suites.
- A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
- Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
- Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
- You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
- Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
- Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.
- Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, download the Mytrip.ng mobile App, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip. Mytrip.ng offers the smarter way to travel across Nigerian States.