Aba is city in Abia state, southern Nigeria. It lies along the west bank of the Aba River at the intersection of roads from Port Harcourt, Owerri, Umuahia, Ikot Ekpene, and Ikot Abasi (Opobo). Aba was a traditional market town for the Igbo (Ibo) people of the tropical rainforest before the establishment of a British military post there in 1901. With the construction of the railway circa 1915 from Port Harcourt 58 km southwest, the city became a major collecting point for agricultural produce especially palm oil and palm kernels.
By the 1930s Aba was a settled urban community, and it is now a large industrial and commercial Centre and home to the Aba Mega Mall. An 18.5-mile- long pipeline from the Imo River natural gas field provides power for Aba’s industrial estate. Textiles, pharmaceuticals, soap, plastics, footwear, and cosmetics are manufactured in the city, and there are also distilleries and a brewery. Aba has a school of arts and science, secondary schools, a teacher-training college, and several technical institutes. The city is noted for its handicrafts. The population density of the city based on (2006 est.) stood at about 931,900; (2016 est.) urban agglom., 1,040,000. It also serve as a business hub town. Travelling from Lagos to Aba by road is about 607.7km, Estimated Duration: 7 hours 40 minutes if average speed is 102km/hr.
Choosing A Bus from Lagos to Aba
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from Lagos to Aba as stated below:
1. Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
2. Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 6-hour trip. Using the mytrip.ng mobile app will definitely help archive that.
3. Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
4. Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from Lagos to Aba, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Finding Aba Bound Buses
There are several companies which offer road transport services from Lagos to Aba. The buses which travel from Lagos to Aba route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Amuwo Odofin Terminal, Lagos
Plot 79,Oba Kayode Akinyemi Way By Festac Bttpass,
Bolade Oshodi Terminal, Lagos
129 Agege Motor Road
Jibowu Terminal, Lagos
22, Ikorodu Road, Jibowu, Yaba,
Lagos Ajah Terminal
Km 21 Lekki-Ajah Expressway, beside Ajiwe Police Station Ajah
Lekki Ticketing Outlet
Opp Jakande 1st ga te Beside FCMB Bank, Lekki Expressway
No 35 Old Ojo roads, by Dandolas Park MazaMaza
Cost of Lagos to Aba Buses
A bus ticket from Lagos to Aba costs an average of N8,000 depending on the transport company and the category/ type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company. For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google playstore for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time from Lagos to Aba
A trip from Lagos to Aba by road is approximately7 hours 30 minutes. This is based on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc. The time taken to travel by road from Lagos to Aba is about 6 to 7 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
1. The driving speed
2. The nature and age of the vehicle
3. The condition of the road on the route taken
4. Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
5. The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
1. Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
2. If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
3. Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at Owo. You will find sufficient food items at this stop if you decide not to bring some from home. It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Where to Stay
There are a lot of tourist places and hotels in Owerri that visitors don’t need to worry about where they could sleep in the cause of their visit. The hotels in Owerri are classified in to executive, medium and low budget. Everyone can get accommodation no matter your budget, but for comfortability, convenience and security wise, we encourage you to use TRACE GARDENS HOTEL has a restaurant and bar, local around Aba central area. Among the various facilities of this property are a garden and a spa and wellness Centre. Free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk are provided.
1. A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
2. Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
3. Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of Panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
4. You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
5. Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
6. Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.7. Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, search for mytrip.ng mobile App, download, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip. Mytrip.ng: a smarter way to travel across Nigerian States.