Lagos is big city and chief port, Lagos state, Nigeria. Until 1975 it was the capital of Lagos state, and until December 1991 it was the Federal Capital of Nigeria. Ikeja replaced Lagos as the state capital, and Abuja replaced Lagos as the Federal capital. Lagos, however, remained the unofficial seat of many government agencies.
The city’s population is centered on Lagos Island, in Lagos Lagoon, on the Bight of Benin in the Gulf of Guinea. Lagos is Nigeria’s largest city and one of the largest in sub-Saharan Africa. It also serve as a tourist town for visitors and international people coming into the country. Travelling from Benin City to Lagos is estimated at 3 hours 10 minutes if average speed speed is 102km/hr.
Choosing A Bus from Benin City to Lagos
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from Benin City to Lagos as stated below:
- Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
- Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 3-hour trip. Using the mytrip.ng mobile app will definitely help archive that.
- Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
- Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from Benin City to Lagos, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Finding Lagos Bound Buses
There are several companies which offer road transport services from Benin to Lagos . The buses which travel from Onitsha to Lagos route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Benin Transit Terminal, Edo State
INE oil Ltd Off Km8 Benin-Lagos Expressway Euboumore Village,
Cost of Benin City to Lagos Buses
A bus ticket from Benin City to Lagos costs an average of N7,000 depending on the transport company and the category/ type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company. For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google playstore for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time from Benin City to Lagos
A trip from Benin City to Lagos by road is approximately 3 hours 30 minutes. This is based on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc. The time taken to travel by road from Benin City to Lagos is about 3 to 4 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
- The driving speed
- The nature and age of the vehicle
- The condition of the road on the route taken
- Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
- The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
- Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
- If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
- Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at Ibadan. You will find sufficient food items at this stop if you decide not to bring some from home.
It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Where to Stay
There are a lot of tourist places and hotels in Lagos that visitors don’t need to worry about where they could sleep in the cause of their visit or business. The hotels in Lagos are classified in to presidential, medium and low budget. Everyone can get an accommodation no matter your budget, but for comfortability, convenience and security wise, we encourage you to use Presken Hotel @Oniru 3 stars Hotel in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, this hotel has a lot of international facilities
Located in Lagos, 5 km from Nike Art Gallery, Presken Hotel @Oniru provides air-conditioned rooms and a fitness center.
- A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
- Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
- Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of Panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
- You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
- Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
- Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.
- Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, search for mytrip.ng mobile App, download, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip.