Enugu, state, south-central Nigeria. It was created in 1991 from the eastern two-thirds of Anambra state. Enugu is bounded by the states of Kogi and Benue to the north, Ebonyi to the east, Abia to the south, and Anambra to the west. It includes most of the Udi-Nsukka Plateau, which rises to more than 1,000 feet (300 m). Enugu state is covered by open grassland, with occasional woodlands and clusters of oil palm trees. The Igbo (Ibo) constitute the majority of the state’s population.
Agriculture plays an important role in the state’s economy; yams, oil palm products, taro, corn (maize), rice, and cassava (manioc) are the main crops. Enugu, the state capital, is a major centre for coal mining. Iron ore also is mined, and deposits of limestone, fine clay, marble, and silica sand are worked. Industries include textile manufacturing, food processing, lumbering, soft-drink bottling, brewing, and furniture manufacturing. A network of roads connects Enugu town with Awgu, Ezzangbo, and Nsukka. Enugu also is linked by the eastern branch of the Nigerian Railways with Port Harcourt, and it has an airport. The University of Nigeria was founded at Nsukka in 1960. Population. (2006) 3,257,298. Travelling from Abuja to PortHarcourt is estimated at 7 hours 10 minutes if average speed is 108km/hr.
Choosing A Bus from Abuja to
There are several factors to consider when choosing a bus from Abuja to Enugu as stated below:
1. Budget: When considering the transport company to choose, you should look out for a transport company that offers a price range you can afford.
- Convenience: It is very important that you ask about the seating arrangements, so you don’t end up squashed or in a terrible seat for a 5 hour trip. Using the mytrip.ng mobile app will definitely help archive that.
- Proximity to your home: You should pick a transport company that has a terminal close to where you live. This would allow you to get there early on the day of your trip.
- Route: Different Transport companies ply different routes from Abuja to Enugu, so it is advisable to pick a bus according to your preferred route.
The conditions stated above have been made so simple getting to know at the comfort of your home with the use of the mytrip.ng mobile App.
Finding Enugu Bound Buses
There are several companies which offer road transport services from Abuja to Enugu. The buses which travel from Abuja to Enugu route can be found at any of the following terminals;
Kubwa Terminal Abuja
Bash Karm Plaza 227, Kubwa Abuja, Gado Nasko road close to first bank kubwa
Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
Cost of Lagos to Enugu Buses
A bus ticket from Abuja to Enugu costs an average of N7,000 depending on the transport company and the category/ type of bus used for the journey. This is subject to change by the specific transport company. For current information on bus fares and routes, please download and check the mytrip.ng mobile App on Google play store for real time prices of buses.
Travel Time from Abuja to Enugu
A trip from Abuja to Enugu by road is approximately 5 hours 30 minutes. This is based on militating factors that varies on weather, route taken etc. The time taken to travel by road from Abuja to Enugu is about 4 to 5 hours. This wide time range depends on the following factors;
- The driving speed
- The nature and age of the vehicle
- The condition of the road on the route taken
- Traffic; this could be caused by various reasons, ranging from accidents to road repairs
- The route taken by the driver.
What to Pack
- Pack light. A trick I apply is that I make sure every item of clothing can be worn at least 3 times. Having a small bag will also give you a lot less to worry about while getting on board the bus.
- If you have to carry heavy bags, then you should be at the bus park about an hour earlier than the tentative take off time, so you and the transport company assistants can figure out the best way to cram your luggage into the bus.
- Your carry-on should be a backpack or a large handbag, since you can easily drop either on the floor of the bus if you get tired of carrying it on your lap.
What to Eat
The bus usually makes a stop at Onitsha. You will find sufficient food items at this stop if you decide not to bring some from home.
It is advisable to eat light or not at all if like me, your stomach has no respect for you. This is because the only bathroom option available to you after the stop is the bushes by the roadside.
Where to Stay
There are a lot of tourist places and hotels in Enugu that visitors don’t need to worry about where they could sleep in the cause of their visit or business. The hotels in Enugu are classified in to presidential, medium and low budget. Everyone can get an accommodation no matter your budget, but for comfortability, convenience and security wise, we encourage you to use Hayath Hotel Located in Enugu, 20 km from Ngwo Pine Forest, Hayatt Hotel features air-conditioned rooms and a bar. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk and room service for guests.
- A seat right beside the window would be perfect if you can get it. They are usually the first seats to go. If you would like a window seat it is advisable to get to the bus park early.
- Prepare for weather changes by carrying a big scarf or a sweater.
- Expect stretches of bumpy roads, so keep a packet of Panadol in your bag for a resulting headache.
- You may sleep your way through most of the trip, it’ll seem faster that way.
- Keep your carry-on bag close to you at all times.
- Read signposts to get your bearings. If you need advice or help when you get to your stop, ask the driver or other passengers for help.
- Make sure you keep someone at home or at your destination abreast of your progress via text or phone call.
For your travel updates on prices, available buses, different selection of preferred bus and selection of preferred choice seat in real time, get to the Google play store, search for mytrip.ng mobile App, download, install, register, login and all is set on your finger tip. Mytrip.ng: a smarter way to travel across Nigerian States.